For many in Quebec, the Saint-Jean Baptiste long weekend begins today. For others, the long weekend will begin tomorrow and end Monday since the holiday this year falls on a Saturday. If you’re really lucky, you’ve decided to take off both Friday and Monday for a four-day weekend.
No matter how long — or short — your weekend is, you may want to set aside some time to take advantage of free access to all of Findmypast’s British and Irish records, effective now until 6:59 p.m. Eastern time on Monday, June 26.
During this free access period, visitors to Findmypast will be able to search all of the following resources for free:
- The largest collection of UK Parish Registers anywhere online
- The largest online collection of Irish family history records in the world
- The largest collection of British Military service records and the only collection to cover all three service branches (Army, Navy & Air Force)
- The largest collection of British WWI records & over 2.7 million Foreign Office Prisoner of War records covering both World Wars
- The largest online collection of England & Wales Crime, Prisons & Punishment records
- Over 13 million Roman Catholic Sacramental Registers covering Ireland, Scotland England and the US
Register for free here. You will only be asked to provide your first and last name, email address, and password.
Learn more about how to register and best start your search on the Findmypast Blog.
The 1939 Register is exempt from this free access promotion. Historical British and Irish newspapers, which sit in a separate search interface to the rest of the records, are not included either. For privacy reasons, UK Electoral Registers 2002-2014 and UK Companies House Directors 2002 – 2014 are also not included, nor are record collections from Canada, the United States, Australia or New Zealand.