St. Francis Xavier University in Antigonish, Nova Scotia has a digitized text collection that will interest genealogists with roots in the province.
The collection includes documents about local and family histories, church and parish histories, histories about the region, yearbooks from 1924, Alumni News from 1940, Gaelic language books, and books published about the university.
As you browse the thumbnail images, you will discover local and family histories, such as the following:
- A history of the Catholic Church in eastern Nova Scotia
- A history of the county of Pictou, Nova Scotia
- Antigonish. Board of School Commissioners. Oct. 20, 1864 – August 26, 1939
- Catholics of the diocese of Antigonish, Nova Scotia, and the war, 1914-1919 : with nominal enlistment rolls by parishes
- Gautreau to Guthro : 372 years of Acadian history
- Hattie family memoirs
- Index to the Cunningham Family of Antigonish
- Life with the Irish: Salmon River District
- McAlpine’s Halifax City Directory : Volume LIV: For the year beginning July First 1922
- St. Mary’s Church, Lismore, 1834-1984
- The Cunningham Family
- The Macdonalds of Bailey’s Brook
- The MacIntyres of Big Pond Center, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
When you find a title that interests you, click on the title. The cover of the publication will appear on the screen, and down the right side you will see a series of thumbnail images of the cover and all the pages. The quickest way to get an idea of the book’s contents is to click on the thumbnail images.
Start your search here. Then conduct a keyword search or click on Digitized Texts to browse the collection.
A link to the Saint Francis Xavier University Digital Collections has been added to the Genealogy Research Toolbox on this blog.